Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Winter mornings, Fall days.


      I flutter my eyes open, reborn again into the world. Slight sunshine peeks in from outside my window, only slight. Not too bright, barely visible actually- but its enough to awaken me. I can tell from this slight sunlight that it's one of those days. Cold, gloomy days with just the enough pinch of sun; days that give me warmth and comfort. These early morning rebirths are my favorite part of the day, though most people do despise it. For what reason, I shall never understand. After stretching out my old creaks and rusts from the day before, I remain there. Laying down in mountains of soft plush and a sea of wool and down, I am content. I breathe in the crisp, clean, morning air- winter morning air mingling with fall to be exact; the kind of air that makes you feel like it's magic; the kind that makes you feel the life within you. You can only catch this certain kind of air in the early mornings, when it is still pure. When no one is awake with the exception of me, and for this I am thankful. I can keep all the enchanted air selfishly, yet without guilt. It is simple euphoria. During this time, I am able to think and have all of the world to myself. Sometimes, this period of time makes me think thoughts that I should not think, but a majority of it is thought positively.This momentary lapse of time is my escape when it is too cold to venture in the water, my other escape. I dream while I am awake here but sadly reality will beckon me back soon. All good things must come to an end, sooner or preferably later. If it didn't we wouldnt realize how wonderful they were.