Sunday, October 3, 2010

And though,

we may have moved on, I still feel you. Your invisible fingerprints, though not seen by others, are everywhere to me- an everyday reminder of our short blissful moment in time together. I am engulfed in the precious memories of our "once love," desperately holding on to the only thing that gives me proof that what we had was indeed real. Real enough that one day, when I am old and can do nothing else except look back at my life, I will still be able to see your face; to know where your fingerprints are; to feel our "once love" as deeply as I did that summer night when I was entangled in your arms in beautiful divine ecstasy. I will nurture these memories of you. Make sure they will never fade. The simple mere seconds where you took my hand and looked at me with those golden eyes of yours, seeing nothing else but me and you- little things such as those...they are forever embedded in my heart.

I have loved you, do love you, and will love you. These fingerprints of yours cannot merely be washed off for it's not only just skin deep. It is engrained underneath me, planted into my blood. I know that it's not the same for you, though I know you wish it were. It hurts, but I'm glad that you dont feel the same burden as me. I don't want you suffering either, no matter how much my spiteful side of me may.

And though, I said I have moved on, I really haven't. This obviously proved it. And I dont think I ever truly will. And as hard as I've tried not to, I still see your fingerprints.